1. The first screening of TFSA was organised at Habib University in Karachi on March 11-12, 2016. The screening was accompanied by discussions and details can be viewed at http://habib.edu.pk/HU-news/habib-university-conducts-travelling-film-south-asia-2016/. This was a specially curated package that Habib had requested after attending FSA’15 in Kathmandu.
2. The second screening of TFSA 2016 was organised at the Bistaar: Chittagong Arts Complex in Bangladesh from April 7th to April 9th, 2016. Alam Khorshed, the Founding Director, said, “This year’s films were so content-rich, aesthetically refined and emotionally engaging that the viewers felt thoroughly rewarded. I am hopeful that this enriching experience will inspire and motivate the local film activists to become more commited to their cause and take documentary film making with far more convition and seriousness.” More details can be found at : http://bistaar.org/south-asian-documentary-film-festival-2016/
3. A special edition of TFSA films was screened with a great success at Chittagong University on the 31st of May, 2016 starting at 11:00 AM until 4:00 PM. Alam Khorshed, the Founding Director of Bistaar:Chittagong Arts Complex said, “The Vice Chancellor of the university formally inaugurated the festival and approximately a couple of hundred students and faculties were present altogether to enjoy the films.” More info: https://www.facebook.com/events/553322821512252/
4. TFSA films were screened at Alliance Francaise de Karachi on June 2-4, 2016 in a film festival titled “Luminous Clouds: Cross-cultural insights on Southasia”. Nameera Ahmed, a Karachi-based documentary filmmaker and visual artist, was the Moderator for the program. Each day was divided into respective themes: Man and Nature (June 2), Gender and Politics (June 3) and Musical Remedies (June 4). Bina Shah, Tofiq Pasha Mooraj, and Hisham Masood were the panelists for the event. More details: https://www.facebook.com/events/246228679073234/
5. TFSA was screened at the India International Centre (IIC), New Delhi from 17th to the 20th of August, 2016. Here’s a coverage from Deccan Herald on the screenings: http://www.deccanherald.com/content/566273/flavours-south-asia.html
6. Selected films from TFSA 2016 were screened at the Jaffna International Cinema Festival 23-27 September, 2016. ‘Blood Leaves its Trail’, ‘My Name is Salt’, ‘Muzaffarnagar Baaqi Hai’, ‘A Walnut Tree’, ‘Tyres’, and ‘The Journey Within’ were screened during the festival. More info: http://jaffnaicf.lk/schedule/
7. Three films from Film SouthAsia 2015 (part of TFSA 2016) were screened in Alpavirama 2016 Asian Short & Documentary Film Festival (http://www.nid.edu/
8. TFSA was screened at the Asian College of Journalism (ACJ), Chennai on 15th and 16th October, 2016.
9. TFSA was successfully screened at the AJK Mass Communication Research Centre at Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi on the 27th and 28th of October, 2016.
10. TFSA completed a successful screening of select films at the Karachi Conference, Karachi, from December 9 to December 11, 2016. “The Journey Within” was premiered in Pakistan before an appreciative audience at the venue.
11. The Agenda 14 Short Film Festival successfully screened the following films from TFSA: “Tyers”, “The Walnut Tree”, “The Journey Within”, “My Name is Salt” and “Blood Leaves its Trail” at BMICH Cinema, Colombo from December 9 to 11, 2016.
T2F (http://www.t2f.biz/) will be screening TFSA2016 in Karachi from 17th to the 19th of March, 2017. Watch this space for the schedule!